The JPL Softball Program
consists of two leagues, B and C.
Eligibility is restricted to:
- the employees and contractors of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
- the faculty, students, and employees of the California Institute
of Technology (Caltech), and
- immediate family members of the above groups.
Here's a brief history of JPL Softball dating back to 1968, and a tribute to our program's founder, Ed McNevin.
This year's Organizational Meeting will be held on Monday, March 5, 2018, at 11:30, in 180-101.
- Registration and payment instructions will be handed out at the organizational meeting. Every team should be represented by its manager (or alternate) at this meeting.
- If you are looking for a team to play on or want to manage a team, please contact Scott Morgan (4-4972) or
Rich Benesh (4-3748)
or Richard Chen (4-1259) for information.
- Please post this year's softball flyer
on your local bulletin boards, and/or distribute it to your friends who might be interested.
> > Note the upcoming deadlines for team registration and payment of fees:
- Friday, March 9th for B's Spring League
- Friday, March 23rd for C League
> > > Refer to the
registration, payment, and waiver instructions
handed out at the organizational meeting, for details on the steps that must be completed before each league's deadline.
- You'll need to download fresh copies of the three necessary forms
(Team Registration Form, Team Fee Deposit Form, Player Waiver Form)
from the links at the bottom of this home page, because all three forms were revised recently.
JPL B League Softball is a competitive league. Features:
- paid umpires
- standard field, usually Loma Alta Park in Altadena
- male:female ratio of 8:2
- three seasons: spring (early April to mid-June), summer (ending before
Labor Day), and fall season (ending before Thanksgiving).
Calendar of Important Dates for 2018
Fall '17 |
Summer '17 |
Spring '17 |
Fall '16 |
Summer '16 |
Spring '16 |
Fall '15 |
Summer '15 |
Spring '15 |
Fall '14 |
Summer '14 |
Spring '14 |
Fall '13 |
Summer '13 |
Spring '13 |
Fall '12 |
Summer '12 |
Spring '12 |
Fall '11 |
Summer '11 |
Spring '11 |
Fall '10 |
Summer '10 |
Spring '10 |
Fall '09 |
Summer '09 |
Spring '09 |
Fall '08 |
Summer '08 |
Spring '08 |
Fall '07 |
Summer '07 |
Spring '07 |
Fall '06 |
Summer '06 |
Spring '06 |
Fall '05 |
Summer '05 |
Spring '05 |
Fall '04 |
Summer '04 |
Spring '04 |
Fall '03 |
Summer '03 |
Spring '03 |
Fall '02 |
Summer '02 |
Spring '02 |
Fall '01 |
Summer '01 |
Spring '01 |
Fall '00 |
Summer '00 |
Spring '00 |
Fall '99 |
Summer '99 |
Spring '99 |
Fall '98 |
Summer '98 |
Spring '98 |
Fall '97 |
Summer '97 |
Spring '97 |
Fall '96 |
JPL C League Softball is a non-competitive league. Features:
- no balls and strikes
- batting team supplies an umpire
- home team sets up the field, usually at Hahamongna Park
- male:female ratio of 7:3.
- one 18-week season from mid-April up to Labor Day
Calendar of Important Dates for 2018
Team Registration Form (roster spreadsheet):
*** ALL TEAMS in all leagues must submit this form to their league commissioner and
to the Program Registrar.
Team Fee Deposit Form (proof of payment) for
*** ALL TEAMS in all leagues must pay their fee and submit this form to their league commissioner.
Player Waiver Form (release of liability):
*** ALL PLAYERS in all leagues must sign this form. Team manager and
both get copies of all signed waivers.
» » List of players who have signed waivers for the current season
Program-wide and League-level Rules:
Organization and Enforcement Hierarchy
» » To determine legal bats, JPL uses the latest revision of the
Non-Conforming Bat List posted by LA City Municipal Sports Softball.
Bylaws of the JPL Softball Program:
Comments? Complaints? Send them to the
Website Administrator for the toplevel page of the JPL Softball website:
Sam Dolinar (4-7403).
last update: March 1, 2018